1. The worship is awesome! Experience worship in a new atmosphere, led by different worship leaders and on a larger scale than most churches provide. God’s presence is ushered in and the Holy Spirit works powerfully in such an environment. You get to worship several times a day, too.
2. Hear a variety of anointed speakers. Never heard of some of the speakers? God may have a lot to teach you through His prophetically-gifted teachers, even if they are unknown to you. Here’s a chance to be introduced to new speakers while hearing some of your tried-and-true favorites.
3. Hear testimonies of how God is working. Testimonies are faith building. Sometimes we get caught up in our own little bubbles and do not know how the Holy Spirit is changing lives, even in our own cities. Come and hear stories and become part of what God is doing.
4. Step out of your routine and be spiritually refreshed. While sessions are only mandatory if receiving some kind of pre-determined credit or certificate by some organization, these conferences are jammed-packed with edification and truth. You may sit out a session (and bring home the CD or DVD) and spend time in your hotel room resting or spending time with God. Many leave conferences spiritually revitalized and even fired up!
5. Receive impartation. Speakers pray for the conference attendees as led by the Holy Spirit. They take impartation seriously and are zealous about sharing their gifts by praying for you to receive them.
6. Receive personal prophesy and prayer. Depending on the conference, some schedules provide opportunities for personal prophesy and prayer by ministry students, by staff or by speakers. Sometimes speakers will hear from God during or after their talks and will bless attendees with prophesy.
7. Meet and connect with new spirit-filled believers. You can be as social as you would or would not like to be at conferences. The Holy Spirit may have divine appointments for you.
8. Fellowship with the people you attend with. Get to know people from your church or home group better by traveling, sharing lodging and dining together. These are potentially wonderful times of fellowship that could not happen at church.
9. Get direction and hear from God. Attend a conference expecting to hear from God. He is faithful to reveal Himself to you through speakers, worship, conversations, Scripture and prophetic revelation.
10. Hear about and see new prophetic tools that are available. The book tables, audio and DVD teachings, worship music and other Christian music available at conferences are unmatched. Sometimes conferences specials are available for purchase. Vendors sell whatever you may be looking for, from anointing oil to prophetic flags. Come home armed for what God has ahead for you.
While much food is eaten during scheduled breaks, the important food is spiritual. God honors our setting ourselves apart from our routines to seek Him in this way. If He calls you to attend such a conference, He will provide. He blesses our financial and time sacrifices to attend, and He honors our seeking Him by showing up. God bless you as you set your GPS or buy an airline ticket for your next adventurous trip to a prophetic conference!