1. Focus on Him. Spend more time alone with Him--even put it on the calendar if necessary. Get away or seclude yourself and rest in His presence.
2. Worship Him more. Play worship music in your home or the car. Dance, write songs, wave flags, or worship in a new creative way.
3. Spend time with someone who shines for God. Learn from their testimony. Allow them to encourage you and to speak into your life.
4. Love other people who need Jesus. Ask the Lord to have His heart for others. Remember that true religion includes looking after widows and orphans (James 1:27).
5. Give to someone out of your love for the Lord and trust in Him. Let that person know the reason you're giving to them. Watch as God blesses your sacrifice.
6. Spend time in the Word every day. Even reading and studying a few verses each day helps keep you focused on the Lord. Read entire passages in one sitting to understand verses in their context.
7. Meditate on His Word and attributes. Scripture takes on new meanings for our lives when we meditate on it. Instead of trying to rush through a chapter to try and read as much as possible, focus on a particular phrase or verse.
8. Memorize Scripture. “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” –Psalm 119:11. Memorized Scripture convicts us and keeps sin from separating us from God. It's also there to spring forth when we needed direction and encouragement.
9. Read a good prophetic book about an area in which you want to grow. Think of the author as a counselor, mentor, or teacher who is addressing your personal spiritual needs.
10. Pray with someone regularly. Even praying together monthly produces fruit in your lives. Thanks to technology, it doesn't matter the distance between you and your prayer partner.
11. Practice waiting in silence and listening for the Holy Spirit. A “Do Not Disturb” sign may be required. Keep a notepad handy to jot down thoughts from the Lord.
12. Fast as the Lord leads you. Start small and simple. If this is new to you, try giving up something important to you for a time. Ask God what you should fast and for how long. Engage a friend or two to pray for you, encourage you, and rejoice in the victory of succeeding.
13. Listen to an occasional prophetic teaching online, by podcast, or CD. There are so many good teachers out there. Listen to someone you have had recommended to you or find someone new.
14. Attend a prophetic conference in person or online. Many incredible things happen at these events. See what God has for you if you attend.
15. Begin recording some of your dreams and ask the Holy Spirit to help you interpret them. This may open up a whole new way of hearing from God for you. Keep a dream journal next to your bed with a pen or pencil close by. This way you can write down your dreams as soon as you wake up--before you forget any important details.
16. Develop mutual accountability with someone regarding pressing in this year. Check in with one another regularly and pray for one another. Set goals and remember that disciplines develop into habits when they are continued over time.
It promises to be an amazing year for each of us. Remember that a man reaps what he sows. May 2016 be a year of great harvest in your life!